The sun is shining again, BBQs are out and in use. Skimpy tops and flouncy dresses are in abundance. The summer is here and the summer nights are long and warm. Perfect for relaxing in the garden till the late hours and wondering what to write about this month.This time last year it was all cellulite and fat, trying to encourage you to book early for treatments which do take a little time to take effect. Still consider these this year, Velsmooth andVASER Lipo can reshape the curves and smooth off the bumps to give you back the figure you used to see in the mirror.
But what other piece of advice, hints or tips, can I offer to help you make it through the summer unscathed.
1. Wear Sunscreen. To be honest you should do this in winter too, but if you don’t in summer it will most certainly show on your face in years to come.
2. Drink more water. No not fizzy pops or sodas, not cappuccinos or hot chocolates. Water. For flavour you can add a bit of lemon juice or make a herbal tea. Lemon & Ginger is particularly refreshing. Mild dehydration certainly does show on your face, and dry skin is more likely to suffer in the sun too. The heat rash associated with sunstroke is primarily dehydration.
3. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Summer is a great time to get into salads, try to make sure that most of what you eat every day is living food, ie. with water in it. Fruit etc. Less stodge, less bread, less rice, less pasta, less potatoes, less baked goods, less sugar. Fruit contains lots of essential vitamins and is high in antioxidants. Don’t get obsessive with the labels just eat the fruit. Choose lots of different colours. “Rainbow Food”.
4. Put your food on a smaller plate. Studies have shown that we choose how much to eat with our eyes rather than our stomachs. A smaller plate will trick your eyes into thinking you’ve got more than you have. Try it. It does work.
5. Get plenty of fresh air and exercise but preferably in the shade. Think big hats when in the garden and sit in the shade at the BBQ. Exercise improves blood flow to all of your body but the skin gets a good flush too and will thank you for it later.
6. Laugh a lot. Yes I know it can make the laughter lines worse, but laughter is really good for the spirits and also good for the heart. Make sure you have plenty to laugh about.
7. Take some time to chill. We all move around so quickly these days we’ve kind of lost the habit of relaxing. So ‘Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.’ Get a bit of sitting done this summer.
8. Don’t listen to the news. No I mean it, just don’t. Switch it off. Yes, that raised black button on the left there. Just push it. What with MPs expenses and credit crunches and people being admitted to the Priory for exhaustion, sometimes I think we just don’t need to know so much about the bad stuff. Then go back to No. 7.
9. Spend time with your loved ones. These moments can truly recharge your soul. Each moment is unique and never to be repeated. Get plenty of them.
10. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Zag a little. Treats are important. So the odd cappuccino with a friend or the occasional shared desert is essential to add zing to life. Just not several times a day…….
As well as all the treatments we perform we can and do monitor weight loss and provide dietary advice. Consultations have always been, and will always be free.
If you would like to talk personally to me about any of the procedures we do then call the girls on 01625 598 000 and book your FREE consultation now!
I look forward to meeting you in person.
If you have questions about any of our procedures, or would like to arrange your free consultation, contact us today.
Eternal Youth Clinic
Tel: 01260 226688
We actively encourage people to seek independent medical advice before committing themselves to treatment.
A former Chief Examiner of the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors now the British College of Aesthetic Medicine, Dr Cronin was instrumental in the development of the Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine and a Senior Lecturer in Cosmetic Medicine at Leicester University.